| You are here: Home >
Beauty Health Nutrition > Relief for Dry, Itchy Skin
As the winter days tick by you may notice your skin becoming drier and drier. Going from the cold, blustery outdoors into the forced heat of the indoors zaps moisture from your skin leaving it dry, flaky, and tight. Dry skin looks older as lines and wrinkles become more pronounced! So, what can you do about it? Follow these steps for more lusciously beautiful skin.
- Feed your skin with antioxidants. Foods, such as the mangosteen, that are rich in nutrients and antioxidants help to nourish, protect, and plump up your cells. This powerful fruit fights inflammation, reduces redness, diminishes blotchiness, and feeds your cells the nutrients they need to be moist and plump. Eating a healthy diet packed with antioxidant rich food infuses your cells with vital nutrients that help to maintain more balanced skin.
- Omega 3 supplements keep your cell membranes strong and healthy. Fish oil, flaxseed oil, and krill oil are all great sources of this crucial essential fatty acid. Omega 3s promote beautifully moist, plump, and healthy cells that encourage youthful skin. These crucial essential fatty acids help keep your cell membranes strong and healthy which in turn will help your skin function properly.
- Red LED light therapy drastically increases the moisture content within your skin. LED light wavelengths penetrate into your skin where they renew, replenish, repair, and heal your cells and tissue. LED lights in certain ranges have the ability to stimulate collagen and elastin production as well as increasing cellular energy. These processes are necessary for healthy skin that retains moisture.
- Exfoliate regularly to remove dead skin, flaky skin, and help your skin care products work more effectively. Microderm systems, facial scrubs, and enzyme peels polish the surface of your skin, speeding up cell renewal and promote smoother skin.
- Infuse your skin with hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid acts like a sponge attracting 1,000 times its weight in water. It helps to keep your skin hydrated and dewy. Look for this beneficial ingredient in serums, lotions, and creams and use it regularly.
- Use your moisturizer right after you have cleansed your skin, while it’s still damp and dewy. This will help increase the moisture content within your skin and your skin will hold onto that moisture longer than if you applied the same moisturizer to dry skin.
Dry, tight, flaky, and red skin can be frustrating, embarrassing, and uncomfortable to say the least. Taking steps to ensure that you skin remains moist and healthy will keep you looking your best, even through those harsh winter days.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
Recommend Related Products